The Delaware Valley Green Building Council (DVGBC) is seeking an entrepreneurial and passionate executive director to build upon our exceptional 14 year history of leading the green building movement in the Philadelphia region, including the Lehigh Valley and the state of Delaware.
The role of executive director is to ensure the overall health, growth, and sustainability of the organization through optimized operations, effective staff leadership, and successful execution of the organization’s strategic plan, bylaws, and policies. We are looking for a strong leader and visionary with experience in interacting and collaborating with a broad group of stakeholders, and who can motivate others to successfully achieve common goals.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Fiscal management of the organization, including budgeting and planning for adequate cash flow to meet all operational needs.
* Leadership, development, and implementation of fundraising, and sponsorship program and strategies, including future expansion of sponsorship base and revenue opportunities.
* Oversight and implementation of the strategic plan as directed and approved by the Board of Directors, including ongoing measurement, evaluation, and adjustments to ensure continuous improvement.
* Administration and oversight of all organizational operations.
* Responsible for providing information, advice, and counsel to Board Chair, Board Committees, and Board of Directors in the creation of policies, programs, and strategic direction of the organization.
* Management of both internal and external communications, including effective strategies for the Board, membership, and volunteer communications, as well as impactful external marketing and social media strategies.
* Responsible for supervision of all staff and providing a positive work environment.
Ideal candidates for this position will share our commitment to sustainability and green building practices and will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to the DVGBC, including:
• Effective leadership skills combined with an entrepreneurial spirit and sound business judgment.
• At least five years of experience in a supervisory capacity at a non-profit organization preferred, but leadership roles in other organizations or board capacities will be considered.
Fundraising and Development:
• Experience in fundraising on behalf of a non-profit with demonstrated success in soliciting sponsors.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of grant administration, including the ability to identify grant opportunities aligned with the DVGBC mission.
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with government officials, industry leaders, and trade associations such as USGBC, ULI, Sustainable Business Network, and others.
• Excellent communication skills including effectively responding to all stakeholder groups in both written and oral form.
• The ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Personal commitment to environment and sustainability with a passion to promote green building and further DVGBC’s mission.
• Familiarity with sustainable certifications such as LEED, Living Building Challenge, Passive House and Green Advantage programs. LEED Professional Accreditation preferred or ability to achieve LEED AP or LEED Green Associate accreditation within one year.
• Policy and advocacy experience a plus.
• Current residency in the Delaware Valley region is preferred. Residency within 6 months required. Main office headquarters is in Center City Philadelphia. Ability for day travel to various regions we serve, including Allentown and the State of Delaware, is a must.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Work Location: DVGBC Office (2401 Walnut Street, Suite 103, Philadelphia, PA 19103)
To apply, send an email with a cover letter detailing your qualifications, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Resumes will be considered until position is filled.
DVGBC is an equal opportunity employer.