PA / NJ Sustainability Symposium 2013
Online registration is now CLOSED. Walk-ins are welcome, you may register at the door and pay by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, AmEx, MasterCard, Discover all accepted). Please note that DVGBC's office will be closed as of 3:00 pm Monday, March 11th.
Tuesday, March 12th, 2013
7:45 AM - 1:30 PM
Performing Arts Center
1837 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Now in its third year, this event brings together industry, education and community leaders to share best practices, ask challenging questions and provide cutting edge information about sustainability in the Delaware Valley.
Start the morning with Leading-edge Keynote Speakers::
- Mark Alan Hughes, Professor of Practice & Advisor to the Provost on Sustainability, Innovation and Policy, PennDesign
- James C. Fish, Jr., EVP & CFO, Waste Management
- Rob Powelson, Chairman of The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
Thank you to our Breakfast Sponsor:
24 Education Sessions: Click here for a detailed list of panelists
- Covering diverse topics such as green schools, the business model for sustainability, Philadelphia cultural and sports institutions, LEED, commercial real estate owners and tenants, electric vehicles and much more!
- Panelists include:
- Jaimie Cloud: President, The Cloud Institute for Sustainability Education
- Doug Gatlin: VP for Market Development, USGBC
- Jean Lupinacci: Director, ENERGYSTAR Commercial/Industrial Branch, USEPA
- Bill Sisson: Director of Sustainability, United Technologies
- Brenna Walraven: Managing Director, USAA Real Estate Company
- Rob Watson: Founder, LEED and EcoTech International Group
Get inspired over lunch by innovative restaurateurs, Jeff Benjamin, Founder, Vetri Foundation and Neal McCarthy, Owner & General Manager, Miller Union Farm to Chef Restaurant in Atlanta and Doug Lawrence, Managing Principal, NYC's 5 Stone Capital, Innovator of re-tasking commercial real estate for urban farming in a panel moderated by Nic Esposito, food activist, writer and founder of Head & the Hand Press.
Thank you to our Lunch Sponsor:
The PA/NJ Sustainability Symposium 2013 has been approved for 5 GBCI CEU's and 5 AIA LU hours!
Standard Price: $49
Chapter Member / Member-Pro: $29
Student (ID Required): $10
Registration is now closed. Walk-ins are still welcome.
Click here for directions and a parking map.
Click here for a campus map.
7:15 - 7:45 - (TPAC) Registration and Networking
7:45 - 8:45 - (TPAC) Start your morning with Mark Alan Hughes, Professor of Practice & Advisor to the Provost on Sustainability, Innovation and Policy, PennDesign, James C. Fish, Jr., EVP & CFO, Waste Management and Rob Powelson, Chairman of The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
9:00 - 12:20 - (Alter Hall) Educational Sessions (Detailed description below)
12:30 - 1:30 - (TPAC) Get inspired over lunch by innovative restaurateurs Jeff Benjamin, Founder, Vetri Foundation and Neal McCarthy, Owner & General Manager, Miller Union Farm to Chef Restaurant in Atlanta and Doug Lawrence, Managing Principal, NYC's 5 Stone Capital, Innovator of re-tasking commercial real estate for urban farming in a panel moderated by Nic Esposito, food activist, writer and founder of The Head & The Hand Press.
During lunch, DVL Group will be presenting their “Less Watts” award to three local organizations that
are helping DVL achieve their pledge of saving 1,000,000 watts of electricity.
(6th Floor 605)
|Green Schools||Triple Bottom Line Businesses|
(Lower Lvl. 33)
|Big Owners||Big Users|
Yo, What's Up Philly?
(Lower Lvl. 35)
|Sports Stadiums||Cultural Institutions|
(6th Floor 607)
|Utilities and the Grid||Electricity 101|
(Lower Lvl. 31)
|Codes and Disclosure Mandates||LEED v4|
Cutting Edge Technology
(6th Floor 606)
|Your Home||Electric Vehicles|
(Lower Lvl. 32)
Building the Business Case
(Lower Lvl. 34)
|Incentives and Funding Sources||Case Study: Empire State Building|
PA/NJ Sustainability Symposium 2013 has Gone Mobile!
We strongly encourage you to download our mobile guide to enhance your experience at the PA/NJ Sustainability Symposium 2013. You'll be able to plan your day with a personalized schedule and browse exhibitors, maps and general show info. The app is compatible with iPones, iPads, iPod Touches and Android devices.
To get the guide, choose one of the methods below:
- Download 'Guidebook' from the Apple App Store or the Android Marketplace.
- Visit http://guidebook.com/getit from your phone's browser.
- Scan the image to the right with your mobile phone.
The guide will be listed under the "Download Guides" section of the application. Search for "PA/NJ Sustainability Symposium 2013"
*Please return completed sponsor forms to Chris Moore at 1617 JFK Blvd, Suite 999, Philadelphia, PA 19103 or email@example.com / 215-399-5789.
Thank You to Our Host!
"Great Horned Owl" Sponsors:
Manko, Gold, Katcher, & Fox, LLP
Spartan Chemical Company
Spiezle Architectural Group, Inc.